Master's in Addiction Counseling
There is a great need for addiction professionals in America today. The Lewin Group, a Maryland-based consulting firm, reports that 5,000 new addictions counseling professionals are needed each year just to replace those who are leaving the field. The need for professionals who hold an addictions counseling certificate is created by the rising number of addicting materials created and used each year. Individuals all over the world are losing the battle to any number of drug and alcohol, substance abuse or other addictive behaviors.
At Indiana Wesleyan University, we believe there is a need to help the addicted in the greater community of America and the world. To assist individuals in breaking these addictions, we want to prepare students to work in a variety of mental health settings. We offer a graduate program that allows participants to gain hands-on experience while being clinically supervised by men and women of diverse cultural backgrounds who hold Ph.D.s in a variety of areas related to counseling. Indiana Wesleyan University's goal is to provide the world with highly qualified professionals who seek to serve their communities in character, scholarship, and leadership.
The 48-credit-hour Master of Arts with a major in Counseling and specialization in Addictions Counseling program helps prepare students to meet credential requirements. The program adheres to current evidence-based practice, integrating a Christian worldview with a behavioral and social sciences orientation. Through its undergraduate and graduate Addictions Counseling programs, Indiana Wesleyan University is an Approved Education Provider of NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals. Participants in this program qualify for student membership and Addiction Professional in Training national certification through NAADAC and will be academically qualified to seek accreditation and become Master Addiction Counselors upon graduation.
Features of the Program
Indiana Wesleyan university focuses on providing the right atmosphere for adult education and degree completion. If you are seeking an online Christian counseling degree, we offer a program online and from two Indiana campus locations. Go beyond your Bachelor's degree and take the next step with a Master's degree from our Christian university. Call 866-498-4968 for more information about our counseling programs.
- Courses and practicums are completed at our Marion or Indianapolis (West) sites, or entirely online
- The program prepares counselors to work with chemical addictions and addictive behaviors such as eating, sexual, and gambling disorders
- The program trains professionals to bring a Christian worldview to a national crisis in addictive behavior
- Students are challenged to integrate their Christian faith into the practice of Christian counseling
- All faculty members have earned doctorates and licenses, are committed to the Christian faith, and are active in the counseling profession
- Graduates will be academically qualified to pursue state licensure and/or national certification