- Have completed a master's degree in education from a regionally accredited body.
- Be currently employed by or have access to a P-12 public or non-public school corporation in which a superintendent (or other central office administrator who holds a superintendent's license) is willing to serve as a mentor for the internship phase of the program. Submission of a completed internship agreement with an appropriate central office administrator will be required prior to the start of the internship phase.
- Hold a proficient or accomplished practitioner teaching license issued by the state of Indiana.
- Have a minimum of three years teaching experience.
- Have presented at least three letters of recommendation; at least one must be from a sitting central office administrator.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in graduate-level courses.
- A minimum grade of "B-" in all courses
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.25.
- Successful completion and oral presentation of the portfolio and defense of the thesis
- Successful completion of the Educational Specialist Degree program.
- Successful completion of Indiana's district administrator exam
- Successful completion of all other requirements of the state of Indiana
NOTE: Non-Indiana candidates need to contact their respective state licensing agencies to review necessary requirements to obtain a District Level Administrator's (Superintendent's) license.
ONSITE COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS
Onsite students are required to have wireless-enabled laptop computers at every class session. Computers must support the latest, stable versions of most popular Web browsers. See the Computer Requirements for more details on classroom and also online computer specifications.