About the program: Online Certificate in Religious Studies
The Indiana Wesleyan University certificate in Religious Studies affords students the opportunity to acquire a comprehensive overview of religion as a whole, philosophy, Christian thought, the Bible, major biblical themes and the archaeological evidence supporting biblical truth. The certificate itself serves as documentation of this accomplishment, as does the transcript notation.
Completion of a certificate program can serve as a signal to prospective employers that you are a person with the drive and determination to excel. Not only does completion of this program at a Christian university provide valuable personal spiritual development, but it also can serve as professional development for those in church or para-church ministries and careers. Students completing the Religious Studies certificate can acquire a valuable competitive advantage in positions in the church and other ministry jobs.
The undergraduate certificate in religious education is available to students currently in associate and Bachelor's programs, and also to students who are registered as unclassified. Degree-seeking students must earn at least nine of the 15 certificate credit hours at IWU. Unclassified students must complete all 15 credit hours through IWU to be eligible for the certificate.
Proof of standard high school diploma or GED certification.
- Completion of the specified 15 credit undergraduate hours with a grade of "C" or better in each course. Nine of the 15 credit hours must be taken at IWU
- Payment of all tuition and fees
Choose five courses from the following. (See the IWU Catalog for a full listing of courses.) Many courses are available onsite in locations throughout Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky, and in online formats:
- Any Biblical Literature (BIL) courses approved by the School of Service and Leadership. Approved courses to choose from in BIL include Old and New testament survey, Bible study and biblical literature
- Any Religion (REL) classes such as: worship, Christian doctrine, spirituality, women in ministry or pastoral ministries that are approved by the School of Service and Leadership
- Any Philosophy (PHL) courses approved by the School of Service and Leadership. Choose from a variety of philosophy classes, including ethics, logic, philosophy or religion and humanities
Ready to make your educational and professional goals a reality? Apply now!
You will also need to complete and send in this additional form.
Going on to earn your graduate certificate in religious education? Contact IWU today to find the graduate program that fits your career aspirations.
Interested in IWU's other undergraduate certificate, Bachelor's, Master's, adult education or degree completion programs offered online and across Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky? Call us at 866-498-4968 today.