About the Program: Online & Onsite B.S. in Addictions Counseling
This Bachelor's degree program is available online, which allows students to learn where and when it's most convenient for them.
Powerlessness is reflected in the human condition, as is our inability to transcend it without divine intervention. Individuals and families suffering through addictive disorders appreciate and comprehend this more than most.
Indiana Wesleyan University's online Addictions Counseling degree program can be completed in as few as 22 months and provides an in-depth education from a Christian university perspective. Before you begin this program, you will be asked to identify 3 possible addictions facilities in your area at which you can complete an on-site practicum learning experience in drug addiction counseling. Most coursework is completed online, with practicums offered at mutually agreed-upon sites.
Through our online Addictions Counseling program, we are an Approved Education Provider of the Indiana Association for Addiction Professionals (IAAP), 1829 Cunningham Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46224, 317-481-9255.
Upon earning your Addictions Counseling degree online, you can be prepared to:
- Explain the bio psychosocial-spiritual dimension of addictions
- Demonstrate an understanding of sin and God's transformative power and grace using helpers and helping systems across the bio psychosocial and spiritual dimensions of addiction/recovery
- Synthesize assessment and enhancement of client motivation within a broader context of assessment, treatment planning, and client/system change
- Differentiate among and evaluate the theories underlying addictions counseling and apply them in practice
- Discuss the pharmacological properties of major drugs and their impact on the brain and behavior
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical practice with diverse populations and explore the psychopathology behind addiction
- Effectively facilitate group therapy for cases of substance abuse, addictive disorders and for addiction recovery
With an undergraduate and Master's graduate program available, IWU can help you continue your education in addictions counseling and therapy. Our unique degree completion program can allow you to take advantage of past credits and work toward a more advanced degree.
Contact us today to learn more about this adult education program in addictions counseling.