Associate of Science in Early Childhood Education
Indiana Wesleyan University understands the importance of early childhood education. Our A.S. in Early Childhood Education program is a 63-credit-hour undergraduate program emphasizing the knowledge, skills and dispositions of an early childhood educator working with children from birth to preschool through age 8.
Mission and Objectives
The mission of the A.S. in Early Childhood Education online program is to prepare adults to meet the physical, social, emotional, cognitive and affective needs of children from birth through age 8. Curriculum for early childhood education courses includes Foundations of Lifelong Learning; Early Childhood Nutrition, Health, and Safety; Early Childhood Learning Environment; Diversity and the Early Childhood Classroom; and more.
Upon completion of the Early Childhood Education Degree online program, candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
- Promote child development and learning.
- Explore the foundations of early childhood.
- Build family and community relationships.
- Observe, document, assess, and support young children.
- Use developmentally effective approaches.
- Use content knowledge to build meaningful curriculum.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills and dispositions of an early childhood educator.
Relevant and Convenient
- Cohort groups provide mutual support
- Begin your course of study with a one-time registration
- Instructors combine academic credentials with professional expertise
Earn your Associate in Early Childhood Education degree online with Indiana Wesleyan University's flexible professional program. If you’re interested in earning your Early Childhood Education Degree online, contact Indiana Wesleyan University today. Our representatives can take you through the admissions process and answer any questions you might have.
Indiana Wesleyan University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahlc.org, 312-263-0456. IWU is also a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, www.cccu.org, 202-546-8713.