Indiana Wesleyan University is a Christ-centered academic community committed to changing the world by developing students in character, scholarship, and leadership.
The scholarship efforts at IWU have been consistent and varied. From published books to national articles, to conference presentations, to hosted National Conversations, our faculty and students are very engaged in making contributions to the dialogue of their disciplines.
These efforts have been supported by the University as well as encouraged by partners such as the Lilly Intellectual Capital Grant. Six initiatives were started as a result of this collaboration:
- Research loading: release time dedicated to the research of teaching and learning.
- Student research programs to assist with faculty research: funds and administrative assistance to help students collaborate with faculty at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Visiting scholars program: outside scholars are invited to campus in two categories. The first provide special lectures and consultations related to teaching and learning. The second category is for a scholar to teach a class or classes at IWU while also assisting with ongoing research.
- Scholarship fund: funding for collaboration through participation in scholarly meetings.
- Seminar series: a venue to disseminate ongoing research, attract scholars to campus, and strengthen research through collaboration.
- Annual workshops: to maximize IWU's leadership role in existing credit-bearing and credentialing programs for teachers throughout the state of Indiana.