Dr. Tammie Huntington, soprano, is an associate professor of Music at IWU where she teaches Vocal Pedagogy, Opera Workshop and Opera Theatre in addition to Applied Voice. Huntington holds a Doctor of Arts degree in Voice Performance with Opera/Opera Direction emphases from Ball State University, where she produced and directed the world premiere of Fifty-Third Street, a new American opera by Jody Nagel. Huntington resides in Marion with her husband, three sons and a daughter.
- B.S., 1991, Grace College
- M.M., 2004, Ball State University
- D.A., 2008, Ball State University
- Performance with Soprani Compagni at Weill Recital Hall, Carnegie Hall, March 2, 2012.
- Semi-finalist with Dr. Phoenix Park-Kim in the Liszt-Garrison International Collaborative Artist Competition, Oct. 2011.
- Poster presentation on Fifty-Third Street at the 2012 National Opera Association National Conference.
- Performance practice of Fifty-Third Street and poster presentation at the 2009 International Congress of Voice Teachers.