Dr. Thompson is assistant professor and coordinator for the Student Development Counseling and Administration program. He has over 25 years experience as an administrator in Student Development. He is a member of the American Counseling Association (ACA), the Association of Christians in Student Development (ACSD), the National Association for Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA), and the Association for College Personnel Administrators (ACPA).
- B.S., 1982, Iowa State University
- M.S., 1985, University of Tennessee (Knoxville)
- Ph.D., 2002, Indiana State University
- Individuation and autonomy of college students
- Community formation and its impact on college campuses
- Transgenerational leadership
- Servant leadership in higher education