It was really as a fifth-grade Sunday School teacher that Nancy Saunders discovered her love of teaching. As the child of a second-grade teacher, her earliest ambition was to avoid following in her mother’s footsteps. It was while teaching the Bible to an unruly and rambunctious group of 10-year-olds that God opened her eyes and heart to the joys of teaching. For more than 30 years, in three states and in four countries, Dr. Saunders has found joy in teaching. From kindergarten through high school classes, from graduate students to adult ESL learners, she has delighted in helping her students develop their potential and hone their skills.
- B.A., 1974, Vassar College
- M.A.E., 1995, Ball State University
- Ed.D., 1998, Ball State University
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Models
- Communication in the Online Environment
- Approaches to Post-traumatic Growth