Dr. Kiteck left his Kentucky homeland to join IWU in 2008. Born and raised with four siblings in Somerset, Kentucky, Dr. Kiteck loved the Christian community of Asbury College in Wilmore, Kentucky, and he is now ecstatic about being a part of a similar beautiful community at IWU. While he was a graduate student, Dr. Kiteck was the primary instructor for nine different math classes, and he now teaches a wide variety of math classes at IWU with Modern Abstract Algebra being one of his favorites.
- A.B., 2001, Asbury College
- M.A., 2003, University of Kentucky
- Ph.D., 2008, University of Kentucky
- Relative homological algebra, generalizing covers and envelopes to objects beyond modules using model theory.
- Undergraduate research.
- Dr. Kiteck has given multiple talks and a poster presentation at the University of Kentucky, Indiana Wesleyan, the Indiana MAA Section Meeting, and the national Joint Mathematics Meetings.