Dr. Lessly is the coordinator of Music Education and teaches clarinet and saxophone studios. She directs the Heart of Indiana Children's Choir, performing at IMEA and Indiana Pacers games, with the IWU and BSU choirs, and with the Marion Philharmonic and Muncie Symphonies. The choir also tours internationally. Dr. Lessly holds memberships in IMEA, MENC, SMTE, SGM, and AOSA, presenting clinics in the Midwest and southern U.S. She recently adopted a daughter from China — Caroline Anne XinLei.
- B.M.E., 1980, Central Missouri State University
- M.M.Ed., 1987, University of Kansas
- Ph.D., 1996, University of Kansas
- World Music Drumming Curriculum
- Music and Language Literacy
- Music Teacher Education Curriculum
- Children's Voices