Dr. Riggs has worked as a marriage and family therapist since receiving her doctorate from Purdue University. In addition to Indiana Wesleyan University, she teaches at Manila Bible Seminary, Philippines, and has taught at Cincinnati Christian University and Indiana University, Sociology Department and the School of Nursing.
- B.S.N., 1978, University of Evansville
- M.S.N., 1981, Indiana University
- Ph.D., 1988, Purdue University
- Individual and family resilience
- Marital Satisfaction
- Couples communication
- Marriage and Family: A Christian Perspective.
- Marriage and Family, 2006.