Some experiences can't be described with words, or even pictures. The best way to catch the spirit and character of Indiana Wesleyan University is to visit our Marion campus or one of our Education Centers and to interact with our faculty, staff and students.
Until you can join us in person, the following profile information will help you know a little more about IWU:
- The Indiana Wesleyan University Story is one of faithfulness, remarkable growth, innovation, and the joyful expectation of God's next chapter for the University.
- IWU was initially accredited in 1966 by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and has maintained its Accreditation since then. Other agencies and associations also accredit individual IWU programs.
- IWU is committed to several Distinctives, ranging from a Christ-centered educational experience to a financially sound future.
- We are unique in our Commitments, including our mission to be a premier university that will change the world for Christ by developing students in character, scholarship and leadership.
- Our Academic Structure encourages innovation in education and honors academic achievements by students and faculty alike.
- IWU is an institution of The Wesleyan Church, a worldwide body of evangelical Protestant believers with its roots in John Wesley's Methodism.
A vision that began to evolve more than 90 years ago has taken full form as today's Indiana Wesleyan University - one of America's fastest-growing and most dynamic Christian colleges.